Revolution in information technology and communication technology has radically continued to challenge and reshape the library environment and services generally. Medical libraries are not immune from this innocuous change. Medical libraries face additional challenges that are unique to the health care system. These challenges include continuous medical research on ever emerging health issues and health care policies. The Main Moto of our Digital Library is to provide all promising and up-to-date World Wide Web Information available to the Students, Scholars,Teachers and Doctors of KLE University of Health Science Education and Research.
The Infrastructure of Digital Library is developed in an approximate 2000 sq ft carpet area in ground floor of the Library Building. UG, PG, & Staff are provided with separate space. It also includes Librarian, Server, Maintenance and Reception cum Waiting Room. The Digital Library is designedwith state of art interior and ambience. The Digital Library has Continuous Powerback-up and is air-conditioned.
Total No of Terminals:
- 60 + 8
- For UG = 28
- For PG = 19
- For Staff = 12
- For HOD = 09
E – Journals: (HELINET) (2016) 277
E – Books: (HELINET) (2016) 3835
Digital Library Timings:
- From 9.00 am to 10.00 pm on all working days
- From 10.30 am to 5.30 pm on Sundays & Other Hoildays
- General Shift 11.00 am to 06.00 Pm
- Morning Shift 09.00 am to 04.00 pm
- Evening Shirt 03.00 pm to 10.00 pm
Facilities & Services
- All the Computers are Internet Connected.
- The internet connection is with 1 GBPS – NKN Connection + 20 MBPS internet Bandwidth
- The operating system implemented is Windows Vista Business
- The software implemented Microsoft Office-2007
- Communication through E-mail ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Browsing of World Wide Web
- Institutional Repository of KLE University (Thesis,Dissertations, and Previous years Question Papers, Faculty Publication, Projects etc.)
- Helinet, E- Journals consists of 4 database (RGUHS,)
- Online search for E-Journals, E- Books & Articles
- Online Reference Books
- Practice Guidelines Drug Information
- Printouts, CD – Writing, Scanning
Rules & Regulations
- Identity Card must be presented and deposited before using the Digital Library Facility.
- Students should have their registered accounts and activated at the Digital Library and must use their own account.
- The use of the Digital Library Facility is on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Maximum use of Digital Library Facility to UG Students is 1 hour/day and PG Students is 2 hours/day.
- Silence shall be observed at all times. Loud conversations and misbehavior inside the Digital Library will not be tolerated.
- Chewing of gums and eating/drinking inside the Digital Library are not allowed.
- Recreational activities like playing games, audio/video streaming, online chatting and accessing social networking sites are prohibited.
- Downloading, installing and running of software other than those already installed on the computer stations are not allowed.
- Downloading and accessing/opening of pornographic sites and materials are not allowed.
- Illegal/Unlawful activities such as (but not limited to) hacking, deleting of files, changing/tweaking of system configurations/passwords resulting to damage of systems and networks are prohibited.
- Users may not tamper with any equipment inside the facility, specially the computer units. In case of hardware/software problems, ask assistance from the staff on duty.
- Use of Mobiles is strictly prohibited inside the library premises.
- The Digital Library staff on duty has the right to request the user to leave the premises if he/she is found to be violating any of these rules.
- Please co-operate with Digital library Staff.
- An Institutional Repository is a Database with a set of services to Capture, Store, Index, Preserve and Redistribute a University’s Scholarly Research in Digital Formats.
- This Institutional Repository has been created to collect, preserve and distribute the scholarly output of PG Dissertations submitted by PG Students, PhD Thesis, previous year Question Papers & Projects under various faculties of KLE University, Belagavi. This will work as an important tool to facilitate scholarly communication and preserve the institution knowledge. The Dr S.G. Desai Library (Digital Library) proud to be host the repository and work for the dissemination and preservation of knowledge resource of KLE University community.
A reservoir of Indian Theses – The Shodhganga@INFLIBNET Centre provides a platform for research students to deposit their Ph.D. theses and make it available to the entire scholarly community in an open access. The repository has the ability to capture, index, store, disseminate and preserve ETDs submitted by the researchers…
The Library Search Engine is a web-enabled search engine that can be accessed on Intranet, as well as on Internet. EPAC can be used to browse/search for an item (book/non-book), along with its details and the availability, in a particular library. Online Journals subscribed by the library can also be searched and accessed through EPAC.
For E-Digital Library Database
The Assistant Librarian
KLE University’s Dr. S.G. Desai Library
JNMC Campus, Nehru Nagar, Belagavi -590 010
Ph.No. (0831) 244 4444 Extn: 4004
Cell No. 9740638831 /9743716931