Department of Prosthodontics including Crown & Bridge
Department of prosthodontics Crown and Bridge was started in the year August 1985. Post graduate course in our department started in the year 1991. Since then the department is delicate towards achieving below mentioned aim and objectives.
This Department deals with the replacement of teeth which are congenitally absent or have been lost due to disease, aging, accidents, etc.
This is done by dental Prostheses which not only replicate teeth but also restore the form and function of the missing teeth and their surrounding areas such as lips, cheeks, etc. The services offered by this department can replace a single tooth or the entire set by several fixed and removable prostheses.
This department offers Prosthodontics to Under Graduates students in two phases i.e. Pre-clinical Prosthodontics in the first and second year of the BDS course and clinical Prosthodontics in the third and final year of the BDS course. A Masters programme is also offered.
This department is run by a highly efficient and trained faculty and has a pre-clinical lab, UG clinic, PG clinic and also a ceramic and casting laboratory. The latest equipment and gadgetry are also installed to facilitate Dental implantology and Maxillofacial Prostheses which are carried out regularly by the Department.
An intricate system of seminars, workshops and participation in research projects keeps the intellect constantly stimulated. Training is also provided for students undergoing the Dental Mechanics course.
- AIMS & OBJECTIVES OF THE DEPARTMENT -
- FACULTY -
Dr. Anand Kumar Patil, MDS
Professor & Head
16 years 1 month
Dr. Raghunath Patil, MDS
25 years 2 months
Dr. Ramesh P Nayakar, MDS
13 years 9 months
Dr. Mahantesh.Bembalagi, MDS
13 years 4 months
Dr. Santosh Y. Nelogi, MDS
11 years 9 months
Dr. Sounyala M. Rayanavar, MDS
10 years 2 months
Dr. Vinuta Hiremath, MDS
7 years 4 months
Dr. Hema.K, MDS
7 years 5 months
Dr. Prashant Karni, MDS
6 years 1 month
Dr. Abhijit Patil, MDS
4 years 10 months
Dr. Sayed Mohd.M Killedar, MDS
4 years 10 months
Dr. Acharya Aditya, MDS
4 years 5 months
Dr. Shankargouda Swapnil, MDS
4 years 5 months
Dr. Mallikarjun Doddamani, MDS
3 years 5 months
Dr. Veena Benakatti, MDS
2 years 5 months
Dr. Suvidha Patil, MDS
1 year 4 months
Dr. Varsha Palled, MDS
VARIOUS TREATMENT MODALITIES OFFERED
(Emphasis on newer techniques, materials and equipment’s)
- Complete dentures with balanced occlusion on Hanau articulators.
- Metal base complete dentures.
- Immediate complete & partial dentures.
- Over-dentures with attachments.
- Precision attachment & Flexi denture
- Cast-removable partial dentures.
- Ceramo– metal crowns & fixed partial dentures.
- Resin bonded fixed partial dentures.
- Smile Designing & Veneers
- Surgical splints and stents.
- Full mouth rehabilitation.
- Various maxillo-facial prosthesis like:
- Guide flange prosthesis.
- T.M.J. Appliances-like occlusal splints. Bite raising appliances etc.
- Implant supported prosthesis.
DEPARTMENT OF PROSTHODONTICS – LIST OF MAJOR EQUIPMENTS
- COURSES -
(I) UG Intake – 100
- Dental Materials
- Pre – Clinical Prosthodontics
- Prosthodontics Crown & Bridge.
(B) Enrichment Programme:
Smile Designing Principles and Veneer preparation Hands-on course.
(C) Aims and Objectives:
Practical orientation of students for case selection, use of Diagnostic tools, veneer preparation on study models wax-up, Soft Tissue management, Impression making, Temporization and cementation procedures.
(D) Implant Certificate Course
(E) Course duration: 2 weeks
- Module – 1 Introduction to case selection, use of Diagnostic tools, Crown and Bridge teeth preparation (2 hours)
- Module – 2 Soft Tissue management, Impression making, Temporization. ( 2 hours)
- Module – 3 Wax pattern fabrication, Temporization cementation procedures (2 hours)
(II) PG Intake – 06
- Journal Club
- Case Discussion
- Library Dissertations / Systematic Review
- Short Study