“A byword in India’s Educational spectrum, KLE’s success story of nearly ten decades speaks volumes of the dedication and commitment of thousands of people.”
Dental Science is an area that has gained tremendous recognition in recent years. In the past, this important facet of Medical Science was neglected in comparison with mainstream medicine. The ratio of qualified Dental Surgeons was very low as compared to other medical faculties. This prompted the K.L.E. Society to establish a Dental College, one that would serve the populace of Karnataka and neighbouring states. The Institute of Dental Sciences was setup in August 1985, within a sprawling 113 acre campus of the Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College. The Institute got off to a flying start under the leadership of late Dr. S.S. Khera as the first Principal.
The Dental Council of India (the apex body) gave the approval for the BDS course in 1989, since then the institution has come a long way and gained numerous accolades in the process.
Post Graduate course in dentistry was started in the year 1990. Today it prides itself in rendering Masters in all branches of Dentistry.
All the courses are approved by the Dental Council of India. The BDS and MDS courses are affiliated to KLE Academy of Higher Education and Research (KAHER) since 2006 and batches prior to them to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
Today, the Institute boasts of an accomplished faculty in all departments.
The laboratories and clinics are spacious and well furnished with world class equipments and gadgets to facilitate an excellent environment that is conducive for learning and patient care.
Our Chancellor's Message
Dr. Prabhakar Kore,
Member of Rajya Sabha
‘To be an organization of global excellence in pursuit of disseminating quality Education, Health Care and Research anchored with the blend of democratic values, charitable virtues and philanthropic culture’.
- To motivate the students to be socially responsible, productive and useful citizens of the globalized world.
- To create a congenial atmosphere of learning with the aim of developing technically sound, ethically strong and morally elevated individuals.
- To promote sustainable development of higher education consistent with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- To plan and continuously provide necessary infrastructure and learning resources required for quality education and innovations.
- To stimulate to extend the frontiers of knowledge, through faculty development and continuing education programs.
- To make research a significant activity involving staff, students and society.
- To lay emphasis on society-oriented programs in the areas of health care with a common man as the focal point.
- To provide state-of-art health care facilities to the people of rural and urban areas of the country.
- To develop every learner at KLE with skills of employability.
Dr. Alka D. Kale; MDS, PHD
Principal, KLE VK IDS
The world of dentistry has tremendously changed since the ancient times to where it stands today. The Institute bearing these requisites in mind has a curriculum that meets the theoretical demands, infrastructure and learning facilities that helps fulfil the clinical learning skills of its students topped up with guidance of well qualified and trained faculty. The Institute offers equal opportunities of growth to all its stake holders from beginners to research scholars in an environment of discipline, intellectual ambience and camaraderie. Thus every student in our institute stands to gain and pass these benefit to communities worldwide endorsing dentistry as a rewarding career option.